Thursday, March 30, 2017

Food



There many meat markets on the side of the road.
 It's best to buy the meat early in the morning because it hangs out in the heat all day.






My first experience buying pork with the skin and even some pig hair. So appetizing:)
This is a whole pig in the meat counter at the S & R which is a warehouse store like Costco.


You can get free pork blood with any meat purchase but we've never taken them up on the offer.
 The Filipinos like a dish called Dinuguan--gravy made of pig blood. I looked up how to spell it and found this description.
(Beware you make get sick just reading what this dish is made of.)
 A bowl of dinuguan and a plate of puto. Dinuguan is a Filipino savory stew of pork offal(typically lungs, kidneys, intestines, ears, heart and snout) and/or meat simmered in a rich, spicy dark gravy of pig blood, garlic, chili (most often siling mahaba), and vinegar.

Since we aren't fishermen I'm not used to seeing fish with eyes at the grocery store.
After eating my first with eyes I realized they taste good, it's just awkward to have your food look at you.
My shrimp looking at me as well as other random food. It was good food! 


I can't remember what kind of fruit this is.

Dragon Fruit--it is white or red violet inside with little black dots. It looks and tastes kind of like kiwi.

Black fungus by the cabbages. 










A delicious salad and cheesecake with beautiful presentations at our favorite
Italian restaurant, Arabela, in Lilu.












No comments:

Post a Comment